Mikaela a.k.a. @fluentinveg has definitely mastered the art of spirulina snacks with this mouth-watering vegan PBJ Spirulina Balls recipe.
1/2 cup almond meal
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup desiccated coconut
2.5 tsp Tahi Spirulina powder
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tsp jam
2 Tb pure maple syrup
Top tip! Mixture also works halved.
1. In a food processor or high speed blender, add the almond meal, Tahi Spirulina and coconut, give it a quick blitz to combine.
2. Add in the cranberries and pulse for 5-6 times.
3. Add in the peanut butter, jam and maple syrup.
4. Blend until combined well.
5. Tip the mixture into a medium size bowl.
6. Roll mixture into balls (about a heaped tsp) and place into a clean bowl.
7. Put the bowl with the balls in the fridge to set (1 hour).
8. Store in fridge.