This absolutely delicious spirulina pesto is great as a dip for crackers and veggies, added to cooked pasta, or used as a spread for the tastiest sandwiches!
1 cup of soaked cashew nuts
2T hemp seeds
1 cup fresh basil leaves
3 small garlic cloves
1tsp spirulina powder
3T lemon juice
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Soak cashew nuts overnight or soak in boiling water for an hour.
2. Drain cashews and add to high powered blender or food processor.
3. Add hemp seeds, basil leaves, whole peeled garlic cloves, Spirulina powder, lemon juice, pinch of salt & pepper and nutritional yeast.
4. Blitz on medium pulse until reasonably combined.
5. On a continuous low blend, start pouring in the olive oil until well combined.
6. Add mixture to a jar and keep in fridge, use within a week.
Recipe and image by the talented @fluentinveg.